08 Aug What Is Peripheral Neuropathy and What Are The Symptoms?
What Is Peripheral Neuropathy?
“Peripheral” means outside of the center. The peripheral nervous system is the nervous system outside of the brain and spinal cord.
“Neuropathy” is disease or dysfunction of one or more of the nerves. Peripheral Neuropathy is damaged, sick, dying peripheral nerves.
Health nerves receive oxygenated blood and nutrition through microscopic capillaries. Damage and/or obstruction to these small blood vessels as a result of high blood sugar, toxins,
mechanical entrapment restricts the transfer of oxygen and nutrition to the nerve cells causing nerve cell death. Peripheral neuropathy is a serious diabetes complication and is estimated to affect up to 70% of people with diabetes. The feet are the most common area of the body where the nerves are damaged as a result of high blood sugar resulting in the need for peripheral neuropathy
What Are Peripheral Neuropathy Symptoms?
The most common symptoms of peripheral neuropathy can include:
● Burning pain radiating in hands or feet
● Pins and needles in the extremities
● Numbness and tingling
● Weakness in hands, arms,legs and or feet
● A knotted feeling in the soles and palms
● Pain from the lightest touches
● Difficulty walking
● Pain from the pressure of walking
● Balance problems
● Inability to grasp with the hands
● Cramping of the feet
● Fingers twisting and locking
● Pain when twisting the wrists
● Hands and feet feeling tired or heavy
● Night pain and sleep difficulty
● Restless legs and feet
● Pain that seems to come even from the sheets or covers on your feet at night
Dr. Alfonso Neuropathy Treatment Protocol
Dr. Alfonso‘s Neuropathy Treatment Protocol utilizes 7 specialized treatments designed to improve the supply of oxygen, eliminate waste, and improve nutrition to damaged nerves.
Increased circulation to the damaged peripheral nerves combined with treatments to stimulate peripheral nerve cell regeneration, and repair.
● Improves and increases oxygen and nutrition through the increase of circulation to the damaged nerves.
● Repairs peripheral fibers by stimulating regenerative of new nerve cells.
● Removes and eliminates mechanical peripheral nerve entrapments and compressions in the spine and extremities.
If you have been diagnosed with Neuropathy or have neuropathy symptoms such as pain, burning, numbness in your arms, hands, legs or feet. Please contact us at (305) 275-7475 to schedule and discuss your questions with our new patient specialist or message us your number/email and our team member will reach out to you for scheduling.
Out of town patients can schedule a complimentary Zoom Meeting Consultation or Phone Consultation with Dr. Alfonso. Please contact us via website, email, or by phone if you have any
questions. We are here to help you overcome neuropathy and get you back to enjoying life!
For more info on the Dr. Alfonso Neuropathy Treatment Protocol please visit our treatment page of our website.
I look forward to meeting and helping you!
Sincerely Yours for Health,
Dr. Rodolfo Alfonso, D.C.
8585 Sunset Drive,
Miami, FL 33143