21 Jul 3 Common Neuropathy Questions and Answers: Neuropathy Relief Center of Miami
What is peripheral neuropathy?
“Peripheral” means outside of the center. The peripheral nervous system is the nervous system outside of the brain and spinal cord.
“Neuropathy” is disease or dysfunction of one or more of the nerves.
Peripheral Neuropathy is damaged, sick, dying peripheral nerves.
What are peripheral neuropathy symptoms?
The most common symptoms of peripheral neuropathy can include:
● Burning pain radiating in hands or feet
● Pins and needles in the extremities
● Numbness and tingling
● Weakness in hands, arms,legs and or feet
● A knotted feeling in the soles and palms
● Pain from the lightest touches
● Difficulty walking
● Pain from the pressure of walking
● Balance problems
● Inability to grasp with the hands
● Cramping of the feet
● Fingers twisting and locking
● Pain when twisting the wrists
● Hands and feet feeling tired or heavy
● Night pain and sleep difficulty
● Restless legs and feet
● Pain that seems to come even from the sheets or covers on your feet at night
What are risk factors and causes of Peripheral Neuropathy?
Metabolic/Chemical -Risk Factor
● Drugs / Prescription Medication
● War Toxins / Industrial Toxins
Mechanical – Risk Factors
● Bulged and Herniated Disc(s)
● Degenerative Disc(s)
● Spinal Stenosis
Hereditary – Risk Factors
The final category for Neuropathy pertains to genetics or hereditary traits. They include neurological challenges, such as Friedriech’s Ataxia and Charcot Marie Tooth Disease.
Although these examples of Neuropathy are still extremely significant to those afflicted, these diseases are fairly rare and make up less than 1% of the population.
Health nerves receive oxygenated blood and nutrition through microscopic capillaries. Damage and/or obstruction to these small blood vessels as a result of high blood sugar, toxins,
mechanical entrapment restricts the transfer of oxygen and nutrition to the nerve cells causing nerve cell death.
Dr. Alfonso Neuropathy Treatment Protocol
● Improves and increases oxygen and nutrition through the increase of circulation to the
● Repairs peripheral fibers by stimulating regenerative of new nerve cells.
● Removes and eliminates mechanical peripheral nerve entrapments and compressions in
the spine and extremities
If you have been diagnosed with Neuropathy or have neuropathy symptoms such as pain, burning, numbness in your arms, hands, legs or feet. Please contact us at (305) 275-7474 to
schedule and discuss your questions with our new patient specialist or message us your number/email and our team member will reach out to you for scheduling.
Out of town patients can schedule a complimentary Zoom Meeting Consultation or Phone
Consultation with Dr. Alfonso. Please contact us via website, email, or by phone if you have any questions. We are here to help you overcome neuropathy and get you back to enjoying life!
For more info on the Dr. Alfonso Neuropathy Treatment Protocol please visit our treatment page of our website.
I look forward to meeting and helping you!
Sincerely Yours for Health,
Dr. Rodolfo Alfonso, D.C.
8585 Sunset Drive,
Miami, FL 33143